Arunachal Pradesh, which is the north-eastern part of India, means the “land of dawn-lit mountain’ by its name. Due to its position as the eastern most state of India, Arunachal Pradesh is also referred to as the ‘land of the rising sun’ in the country.
Same just like as the other parts of the North Eastern Part of India, most of the population residing in the state are of Tibeto-Burman origin.
This beautiful state shares home borders with the states of Nagaland and Assam in the south and international borders with Myanmar in the eastern part, Bhutan in the western region and China in the northern region.
The cultural and natural beauty of Arunachal Pradesh attracts a large number of tourists all across the globe, every year.
How to Reach Arunachal Pradesh :
- Air: Arunachal Pradesh has its nearest Airport AS Lilabari Tezpur Airport in Assam, which is highly connected to Kolkata.
- Road: The state is also well connected by a road network.
- Rail: Its nearest railway station is Harmuty, which is just 33 km from the Itanagar. North Lakhimpur in Assam is also having one of most convenient railhead.
How to Reach Meghalaya :
How to get there by Air
The nearest significant airport is the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in the Guwahati, which is well connected by air with the Chennai, New Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata.
How to get there by Rail
The nearest railhead if Guwahati which is well connected to the rest of the country. There are various train services from the Mumbai, Bangalore, Trivandrum, Cochin, New Delhi, Calcutta, and Chennai.
How to get there by Road
Meghalaya is accessible by the road from Assam at the various points on the border between these two states. the National Highway 40 connects the New Delhi and some other significant cities in India to Meghalaya.
Best places to visit Arunachal Pradesh :
- Tawang: Arunachal Pradesh Tawang, is a gorgeous town which is famous for its Buddhist Monastery.
- Ziro: It is known for the cultural festivals which held every year.
- Chanlang District: It is famous for the Namdapha Tiger Project.
- Sela Lake: It is close to Bomdila, which is also famous for its Bamboo bridges overhanging the river.
- Malinithan: It is lying in Lekhabali; this is a very religious place.
- Rukhmininagar: it is lying close to Roing, this is the site where the Rukmini, that is Lord Krishna wife according to the mythology of Hindu, resided.
- Tuting: This place consists of unexplored and incredible picturesque beauty.
- Parshuram Kund: It is lying in the Lohit district, the place is merely said to be the lake where Parshuram washed away his sins, as per the mythology of Hindus.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Museum: It is lying in the state capital of Itanagar, the museum has become one of the major tourist destinations.
- Adventure Sports: There is a lot of scope for trekking and rafting in the state after the visitor getting permitted by the department of tourism.
- Wildlife: The wildlife of Arunachal Pradesh possesses the highest diversity of mammals in India with more than 150 species. It seconds only Assam in the diversity of birds with more than 800.
North East India during the Summers :
Arunachal Pradesh Tourism best time to visit is in the summer season because of school holiday and partly because of the fact that the pleasant hills of Northern Eastern India provide some respite from the scorching heat of the plains, Northern Eastern India sees a good number of people visiting the North Eastern between the months of April and June.
Arunachal Pradesh Tawang and one-week trip to Meghalaya are the two popular travel plans at this time.
North East India during the Monsoons :
Monsoons come quite in the Northeast India. Meghalaya, Assam and some other states around start seeing the rainfall from the month of March end.
This early rainfall paints everything with a fresh coat of green and even bring in floating clouds, which makes the entire region look heavenly.
The monsoon season by fair is the most popular and Arunachal Pradesh tourism best time to visit North East India if greenery, gurgling waterfalls, and clouds are the kinds of things you crave.
Winters in Tawang – Arunachal Pradesh :
If you love snow, winters and roughing it out, then there can be no better season to visit the North Eastern especially the Tawang side of Arunachal Pradesh which experiences almost the regular snowfall at the time of winters.
At the time of winter seasons, Tawang and Beyond Road Trip is very much more accessible. And so is the one week in Meghalaya, winters are the best time to visit Meghalaya, with people who come to be wowed by the transparent waters of the Umngot river
The beginning of winters also marks the beginning of the festival season in Northern Eastern India. The Hornbill Festival in Nagaland is the largest tribal festival of the region and is held at the time of first ten days of December every year.
Hill Stations of Arunachal Pradesh :
The hill station tour of the state is one of the convenient and perfect runaway from the monotonous and somberly hectic metro lifestyle and hence also attracts loads of visitors for the Arunachal Pradesh tourism.
The climatic atmosphere, pleasant weather, breathtaking sites, prominent hillocks, the lush greenery, and meandering water bodies is perfect for holiday travel that will assuage your mind and body, soul and heart.
Here are the some hill stations of Arunachal Pradesh tourism includes:
- Pasighat HaFlong City: Visit this hilly terrain if you are looking for enchanting natural scenic charm. Blossoming blue orchards and pear, oranges and pineapple are the main attractions of Haflong.
- Summing up to its beauty is the lake of ‘Haflong Lake in the city.’
- Pashigat City: If you wish to see the suzerainty of nature visit the Pashigat and experience on your own what a pacifying influence you will have here.
- As of now, it is the oldest city which is also known by the name as the ‘Gateway to the state of Arunachal Pradesh India’. Indulge in the photography adventure or feel the charisma of nature.
Adventure in Arunachal Pradesh :
Enjoy an adventurous Arunachal Pradesh tour with tremendous elated thrill. Blessed with the dense evergreen forests which are coupled with the turbulent rivers, streams and gorges and infinite of species of fauna and flora.
There are a number of adventurous sports in Arunachal Pradesh. Think of any sport and you will find the state beckoning you. From hiking to trekking, angling and fishing, bird watching and river rafting.
The Bomdila Tawan region is the first choice of adventure seekers for trekking. You can have fun while even indulging in angling in the Subansiri, Lohit, Kameng, and Tirap rivers.
The hills you come across at the time of trekking while having many rare and unique flora and fauna. So, have your rucksack and get going to enjoy the ultimate thrill on your Arunachal Pradesh tourism best time to visit.