If you discard the tourist in you and embrace the life of a traveler, you tend to find beauty in the journey instead of the destination.
Having traveled across 11 states in India, most of them on 2 wheels, I’ve come across some of the most beautiful roads in India. These road trips have left an indelible mark in my mind.
Here are some of my favourite roads in India…
1. Stuck in snowfall at 12300 feet, Manali – Leh highway.
2. NH 212, passing through the Bandipur forest en route Ooty.
3. When the colossal mountains make you feel insignificant, Manali – Leh highway.
4. The blue sky and blue water providing a surreal experience.
5. National Highway 21 – The picturesque views are just mesmerising!
6. NH 1D, The road disappearing into the horizon, en route Kargil!
7. Mahabaleshwar, a popular tourist place in Maharashtra.
8. One of the high altitude passes on the Manali – Leh highway.
9. Manali – Leh highway – A surreal experience!
10. Typical Konkan roads.
11. Find the river, find the road – Somewhere deep in the Himalayas.
12. Early morning on the road meandering through coffee plantations in Coorg in South India.
13. NH 222 between Kalyan near Mumbai and Nirmal in Telangana, as straight as it gets.
14. The twisty descent from the top of Rohtang – truly mesmerizing roads!
15. A coastal road in Konkan
16. Roads in the deep woods of Dandeli forest, Karnataka
17. Taglang La – World’s second highest pass, 17582 feet
18. Anjarle Beach Viewpoint in the Ratnagairi district of Maharashtra
19. Somewhere on NH 21
20. A random road in the Western Ghats in Karnataka (notice the fog – you can see the light of the vehicle at the end)
If you want to read more article of Road trips in India then please follow our blog for such detailed Information